Jim graduated with a B.A. degree from Haverford College, earned his M.B.A. from the Harvard Business School, and received the degree of Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) from Widener University. He is a Licensed Psychologist in Pennsylvania.
Jim is active in many professional associations including: Haverford College Alumni Network, Harvard Business School Club, Harvard-Radcliffe Club, Society for Consulting Psychology, American Psychological Association, Pennsylvania Psychological Association, the Greater Philadelphia Senior Executives Group, Independent Educational Consultants Association, and Pennsylvania Association for College Admission Counseling.
Before establishing Right College for Me, LLC, Jim was Director of Talent Management for Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania. Jim has coached and advised: Boards of Directors; CEOs; executives; corporate talent and recruitment experts; college admissions officers; secondary school guidance counselors; high school, college, and graduate students; and parents toward successful outcomes.
Some of his accomplishments include:
- Assessed the capabilities, potential, and interests of scores of teenagers and young adults.
- Directed students in evaluating colleges and graduate schools and determining the best few for them.
- Helped students select courses to best position them to achieve college and career goals.
- Coached students on all aspects (steps, testing, timelines, strategies, essays, etc.) of applying to college.
- Counseled parents and students on obtaining merit and athletic scholarships and financial aid.
- Assisted students in evaluating admissions and financial aid offers, to facilitate final decisions.
- Advised students on strategies for obtaining internships and first jobs.
Jim has served for many years as: a coach for the Radnor-Wayne Little League (including 13-16 year-olds); an official for the Radnor Aquatic Club and the Conestoga Swim Club; and as a Sunday School teacher. He is also a member of two scholarship committees. Jim has been an active participant in Radnor School Board and Township meetings and an invited guest on local television shows to discuss issues in education. He is President of his local civic association.